dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, November 14, 2011

squash mania

I made spaghetti squash for dinner, with sauce and Trader Joe's meatless meatballs, one of our guilty pleasures.

The spaghetti squash came from our CSA--we're getting a backlog of squash. Did I already list you the list? Four delicata, one spaghetti squash now, and a small pumpkin.

http://www.cheapcooking.com/Recipes/vegetables/roast-delicata-squash.html

Roasting delicata squash in the oven seems a hell of a lot better than microwaving it. I'll do that tomorrow.

5 Comments:

  • At November 15, 2011 9:11 PM, Blogger Amanda Laughtland said…

    I love spaghetti squash! As for the backlog, what about baking some muffins or bread?

     
  • At November 16, 2011 1:06 PM, Anonymous MC/Curtis said…

    Jen made spaghetti squash recently. We have another one waiting too.
    I don't love it, but it's not bad. It's low calorie!

     
  • At November 16, 2011 7:55 PM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Hey, Mandy and MC.

    Mandy, do you mean pumpkin bread? Or have you made bread with other kinds of squash? Do you think I could use spaghetti squash in a bread?

    MC, I don't love it either. That's cool it's low cal. A redeeming trait.

     
  • At November 16, 2011 9:52 PM, Blogger Amanda Laughtland said…

    I don't think spaghetti squash is sweet enough for bread or has the right texture, but I have heard of people using other kinds of squash in bread. One of T's housemates made a pumpkin bread with some squash he had on hand, and while it wasn't as tasty as pumpkin bread, it was nice.

     
  • At November 18, 2011 9:46 AM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Hi again, Mandy. I too thought spaghetti squash wouldn't make a good bread, but I thought I'd just try it, and I'm glad I did because I suspect that that leftover spaghetti squash would have gone to waste if I hadn't.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home