dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

sad zombie garden gnome

Yesterday we were in the garden in the evening--or maybe it was the day before--and the gardener of the neighboring plot was there tending his garden.  I was watering.  I saw him harvesting tomatillos, and I asked him, "What do you like to do with your tomatillos?"  He said he bought the plant on a whim, it was his first time growing them, and he didn't know what to do with them.  I suggested salsa, and he said maybe.

I almost told him, "I wrote a poem about your sad zombie garden gnome," but I thought that would sound weird.  I considered telling him about my blog so he could see the picture too.  In the end, I chose not to bring it up.  One of life's big questions--when to risk it and when to play it cool.  Maybe it would have made his day, or maybe he would have considered me a danger to myself and others.  You never know.

1 Comments:

  • At July 11, 2012 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Chile Verde is made with onions, green chilies (both mild and hot) garlic, broth and tomatillos, it is super yummy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home