dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

free breakfast

This morning there was tension at breakfast.  I got there right at 7:30, but they opened five minutes late, so there was a line out front, and people in the line were drinking beer and being boisterous in a bad way.  Then inside they were being badly boisterous more.  There was tension when some looks were exchanged and then the drunk people were saying how others need to go back to Mexico and "we don't need no green cards--we didn't have to dig no tunnels or cross no river."  I was just trying to make toast.

Anyway, I wish they had a policy about not drinking beer out front of the building or something. 

"Drinking beer at 7:30 in the morning doesn't bode well," I told Ming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home