dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

drones

Today we did the bulletin at church then had lunch with Swami.  In the afternoon we demonstrated for peace.  We got some good response from people in their cars and trucks.  And a young woman who was walking asked me, "What's a drone?"  I was holding my favorite sign: NO TORTURE, NO DRONES.

"It's like a remote control plane that kills people," I said.  Ming was on the phone, so I couldn't get his help.

"So there's no person in it?" she asked.

"What'd you say?" I asked.  Her accent confused me.

"So there's no person in it?" she asked.

"Right," I said.  "No one's in it." 

She thanked me and kept walking with her friend.  She had a large mark on her face, possibly a birthmark.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home