dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, January 05, 2014

childhood friend

This morning we went to the big farmers market under the freeway.  It was our first time there in maybe a year.  I don't know why we kept forgetting to go.  We got delicious foods: satsumas, local olive oil, delicata squash, brussels sprouts, small onions.

I learned the birds that do that thing where they fly in a tight formation with swoops, like a school of fast fish--they're starlings.  Last night we saw hundreds settled in a tree and heard their beautiful sounds.

Today my childhood friend is coming to see me.  I'm thinking about where we should go for lunch.

The urd and red kidney beans are cooking for our dal makhani.  I sniffed them and they didn't smell good.  They smell like those not-delicious gandules I made a couple months ago.  Maybe the spices and tomato sauce will improve them. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home