dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, July 18, 2014

survived Chinatown

Today we went to Oakland Chinatown.  It was me, Ming, his mom, and his kid R.  We went to this restaurant where the kid had duck feet and some other duck dish.  I had some braised tofu in gravy.  Ming had some rice porridge.  Ming's mom had some rice porridge with fish.

Also I ordered some borscht on a whim.  "Russian borscht" the menu said next to something in Chinese.  But I think borscht is supposed to be vegan and supposed to have beets in it.  What was delivered to our table was tomato soup with carrots and little bits of meat.  Oops.

I will fail to comment on our whirlwind tour of Chinatown other than food.

Ming's son had some boba tea without sugar, and I had some boba Ovaltine.  It was good.

And Ming's mom bought us some wonderful sweets: a sweet rice cake and a deep-fried rice bun with sesame seeds on the outside and some sweet black bean paste in the middle.  It was so good.  I will post a pic tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home