dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, August 04, 2014

awake but still in bed

Last night I slept one hour.  That's significantly impacting my day.  I'm listening to State Songs by John Linnell.  This morning I saw my psychiatrist.  She prescribed something new, and I'm trying to decide whether to try it. 

Tomorrow morning early I'm meeting with my friend E and we'll talk about the cover she's making for my new zine about Sacramento.

Here's the lyrics of song "Maine," just the first half.

Relaxing on my hands and knees 
Relaxing on my face 
Reclining in the bear trap of its tender, warm embrace 
Glazed with coniferous green 
Glazed with excitement and dread 
Exhausted from oversleep 
Awake but still in bed 
Shaving razor's rusty but the sting brings you exactly back to

Maine 
Is the world that went south 
Maine 
Is a punch in the mouth 
Maine 
At the top of the chart 
Has crushed my evil heart

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home