dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, September 09, 2014

skunk alert

This morning Ming and I walked near the confluence of the American and Sacramento rivers.  We saw some feral cats.  We went onto this island over Jimboom Bridge.  We sat for a while at a picnic table looking out onto the river. 

Then a skunk came walking toward us.  I think you're not supposed to see skunks in the daytime, so we got up and left.  Then I looked back over my shoulder and saw a black & white cat near where the skunk had been.  But I know it had been a skunk because the black and white were brighter and because of the way they walk.

I am feeling like crap for a variety of reasons and want to hole up and suffer alone.  Weird, huh.  But that's the way it can be, for me at least.  I am underscheduled and lonely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home