dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, January 26, 2015

the Omni, Alchemy, the Krishna temple

Yesterday we went to Berkeley to see Ming's mom.  I wrote letters and read books at a cafe.  I had been hoping for a phonecall that didn't come.

Then we went to the Omni in Oakland to cook with Food Not Bombs.  It was fun because I liked the people and the activity.  I also like the space.  But it was dim.  The light had gone out and they had to make do with a different kind of light that was inadequate. 

I was grating carrots and got my thumb a little bit which didn't hurt.  Ming first aided me. 

Then we went with our good friend A to this worker-owned cafe called Alchemy.  I drank some tea that tasted like nothing.  They had coffee.

Then we went to Longhaul Infoshop and hung out for two hours.  I enjoyed it.  I ate some crackers. 

A few Sundays ago we went to the Krishna temple, and we liked chanting but left for the talk.  Last night--it was Sunday again--we did the same.  This time our friend A stood with us, which felt better.  Last time he was across the room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home