dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Sacred Peace Walk dreams and MLK Jr parade realities

Tomorrow's the MLK Jr parade that we've prepared for so much.  Well, I haven't prepared for it much, but others have.  I'm making the afterparty Ethiopian food, and it will be good, I hope.  I've made the dishes before, but never in such quantity.

I hope I get the seasonings right for the mesir wot.  I need to err on the side of mild.

Today we took it easy.  I bound a lot of zines.  I helped serve Food Not Bombs.  I got my favorite drink at the Bronze Cafe.

Ming's chopping ten onions and a lot of garlic for me.  Tomorrow he'll be at the parade and it hurts my wrist / arm / shoulder / neck to chop much.

Ming got out the table we're going to bring, a table that folds in half and the legs fold up.  We need to get out the bowls and spoons too.  Everything's got to be ready to go.

Today I called R to ask him if he's writing a little speech for the parade, to say in front of the judges.  I thought that was the procedure.  He said they didn't do it last year.  I told him we should do it to get more publicity for ourselves and our upcoming Sacred Peace Walk.  He said he'd think about it.  I said he could run it by me, if he decides to do it, to make sure it's good.

I'm already thinking about food for Sacred Peace Walk.  I found a piece of paper in the glovebox, a little to do list from last Sacred Peace Walk, and thought it might be useful.  I have a Sacred Peace Walk food binder with stuff from last year.

I've been dreaming about it too.  I like those Sacred Peace Walk dreams.  Even when things so awry and get dystopian, I like those dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home