dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

I'd swim across Lake Michigan

This morning we vigiled at Creech.  I was lying in bed deciding whether I could survive 27 degrees, for that is the temperature that was predicted in Indian Springs at 6 am.  I was fantasizing about what clothes I could wear, how many layers.  Finally I decided, well, I really believe in it, so I got up.

And there are pictures of the event on facebook, so it really happened!

Then we went to Whole Foods because JR wanted some tofurky.  Our good friend's son works there, and he's the one who directed us to the fake meat section.

Then we went to Coscto to pick up some foods and get some fliers and posters printed.  That took a long time, and there were a lot of decisions to make about glossy vs matte, thickness of paper, etc.  After a while I was not caring anymore.  Just print the damn thing.

So when it was time to go to the interfaith council meeting, it's only an hour, but I needed some alonetime.  I had been social for five and a half hours straight.

So here I am listening to Sufjan Stevens, being alone.  Thanks for being alone with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home