dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, January 05, 2016

smart

I really wanted to like this book about a man who lived a year without money.  But he's a jackass.  So I couldn't even read the book.  Also, I don't think he's very smart.  He explains things simplistically / condescendingly.  It's my experience that when people talk to their reader like their reader is stupid, it's because they (the person speaking) are stupid.  I mean you put the bar too low when you need a low bar yourself.

My ex-therapist ran an art therapy class, and I talked to her about teaching to the slowest / most clueless person in the class.  Lowest common denominator.  She doesn't do that.  I think she teaches to the brightest and hopes the slowest will get swept up in it.  Well, she didn't say that part.  But when I was a teacher I would pitch it for the brightest too.

Wow, I mixed a lot of metaphors, but I believe you understood me, smart Reader.

We are hanging out at home on this rainy day, waiting for either handyperson to arrive and fix stuff.  But it's raining, so that might delay someone.  But we are all ready to vacate the building when a handyperson arrives.  I want to go to the international market, the pinball museum, the library, and maybe Barnes & Noble--I was given a Barnes & Noble gift card for Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home