dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

40

I changed my setting on facebook so that people could see my birthday and bazillions of people are spoiling me with love.  It's fun.

Ming's out hiking the Narrows.  He should be back at the hotel in two hours to check us out.

Turning 40 is a big deal.  I remember an acquaintance who was Ming's friend turned 40 a few years ago.  We went to her birthday party.  I remember thinking she was a good sport and feeling awe of her and thinking I would be 40 soon.  I remember her birthday necklace with its gold Mardi Gras beads and the plastic middle part that had lights that flashed.

Another friend's 40th birthday party is where Ming and I met five and a half years ago.  Those 40ths are important.  She had a vegan chocolate cake from Freeport Bakery and K played the song "The Final Countdown" when it was candle time.

I feel weird because I had sugary instant oatmeal for breakfast but hopefully the soymilk will balance it out.  The upstairs hotel neighbors clomp around.  The kids are screamy.  Last night when they were running and screaming I wanted to ask Ming, "Aren't you glad those aren't ours?"

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home