dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

got arrested again

Forgot to mention I got arrested yesterday morning. It was a beautiful line crossing. It felt so right. Ming and I crossed first, holding hands. Turns out six out of seven of us crossed.

In the holding pen everything felt so vivid. The grasshopper, an iridescent fly, the peace sign a previous protester had scraped into the desert dirt. When S and I said we loved each other. 

I told her that when she pets me I feel like one of her doggies. She said I'm better than a doggie. 

The guards were downright sweet to me. They had listened attentively to R's speech at the line. Officers Jordan and Ericson asked me to congratulate JB on his becoming a grandfather.  That's why JB wasn't there. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home