dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

R

I just listened to a facebook friend singing opera music through a youtube link.  It was pretty.  He's someone I knew in grad school.

Yesterday I felt bad, but today I feel better.

This morning we had a meeting with R.  I was feeling kind of crazy, partially because a loud action film was playing in the other room.

I said I felt crazy.  Ming said he felt sleepy.  R said he felt like helping people.  We were playing our roles perfectly.

R gave his shirt and flipflops to a homeless person a couple weeks ago so he's been without flipflops.  He's wearing regular shoes.

"He'd give someone the shirt off his back," was a saying I've heard all my life, but R is the first person I've known who lives it.  You can't fake that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home