dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, October 24, 2016

belling the cat

We are "having fun."  This morning I grieved hard for a while and lay in bed while Ming touched my back.  I didn't want to take a shower, and then when I was in the shower, I didn't want to leave the shower.

But then we went to Morro Bay.  I wanted to go to the anarchist thrift store but it didn't open till noon.  We went to the bead store with all the pretty charms.  I'm going to make a necklace for my friend L.  We bought this sea urchin shell thing called a sputnik.  I bought a tiny bell for a dollar.  I could wear it around my neck and pretend I was a milk cow named Bessy.  Or a belled cat.

Now we're at a favorite cafe.  I like the light through the wall windows.  Could do without the Halloween decorations though.  The wifi password is skeleton.

1 Comments:

  • At October 24, 2016 6:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love you !

    I am sorry you are grieving.

    It was fun to go to Beads by the Bay with you. I was hoping they would have a trilobite bead or pendant, but they did not.

    I thought that "sputnik" was a phrase for marketing the urchin shell, but apparently it is really called a sputnik urchin.

    I love you !

     

Post a Comment

<< Home