dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

emergency room

Yesterday Ming went to urgent care and they wouldn't do anything for him.  They suck.  So we went to the emergency room.  Emergency rooms suck too.  We waited for a long time, of course, and they made some mistakes.

mistake #1)  They got him confused with another of his same first name.  The other one was having heart problems, so at one point they were treating Ming like he was kind of having an emergency.

mistake #2)  They drew his blood for a heart-related test, thinking he was this other guy.  So he got his blood drawn twice, one of the sticks being completely unnecessary.

mistake #3)  They prescribed him the one medication he's allergic to.

mistake #4)  They excluded me from everything.

I'm scared of doctors and all things medical almost to the point of phobia, so I was wrestling with my own mind the whole time, trying to keep calm.

It left me with lots of tension in my neck, head, and eyes.  When we finally got out of there, we went to Ethiopian food, which was delicious.

Then I had a meeting with a friend, and it was really good for me.  Then we picked up the tamales.  Then we went to a Catholic Worker holiday party.  The gifts we gave were well-received.

And all that's why I didn't blog yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home