dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, March 30, 2017

jump

Yesterday seemed like about three days.  There was the lodge morning, Ming jumping off the Stratosphere, and dinner with friends.

At the Stratosphere we waited a lot then watched Ming and SJ get strapped into jump suits.



The worker took a group shot of us before A arrived.

Then they went up the tower, and we non-jumpers went outside to the observation deck to watch them jump.

It's more of a step than a jump.

Ming went first.  He did great, but when he landed, he crumpled.  But he was okay.

SJ went second.  I don't remember her landing.

I was nervous the whole time, not like I thought they would be harmed, just empathetic to their nervousness.

Then A arrived and he told us how he's moving to Oregon to pick raspberries.

Then we went to this tattoo place where K has a free tattoo coming to him--he won a silent auction.  We looked around a little, looked in the book of tattoo photos.  I don't like most tattoo art.

Then we went to custard.  Ming got blueberry custard with blueberry topping.  A offered me some of his small banana split, and I declined because of the peanuts.

Then we left for home.  We were going to be late for dinner, so I called J.  It was fine.  We went to the Worker and looked at the garden.  It doesn't look like our garden at all.

Then G drove us all to dinner.  It was fun.  We ate and talked.  I was quiet because I was tired.  The dinner lasted a long time.  We all had cannolis and they had coffee too.  I got quieter and quieter as the night progressed.

They were talking about mementos.  J asked me what I thought.  I said, "They're crap--throw them away."  It got a laugh, but of course I have a billion of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home