dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, April 03, 2017

things fall apart

Monday again.  Yesterday I was really grumpy working on a grant.  I got through the hard part and was happy, but I need to do the rest of it too.

I have a little apple juice in a little glass.  It tastes like childhood.  A summer when my aunt babysat us a lot.

"You can write about how someone tried to repair Quan Yin with cement.  That was kind of a fail," Ming said.  And the fence blew down in the windstorm.  And the lid on the compost bin snapped again.

2 Comments:

  • At April 10, 2017 9:08 AM, Blogger Amanda Laughtland said…

    I feel that way about apple juice, too. Did you ever have the kind that came in the little glass bottle shaped like an apple?

     
  • At April 24, 2017 8:41 AM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Hey, no, I don't think I ever tried that kind of apple juice, but I've seen it and been intrigued. I think of apple juice as empty sugar calories now and tend to avoid it, but when I do drink it, it's a weird nostalgic treat!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home