dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, June 11, 2017

walking a mile, the canner, mail jackpot

We are meeting with R in fifteen minutes to do thank you notes.  I asked Ming to wake me at 5 so we could go for a walk, and our walk was good.  I went a mile.  Ming went a mile and a third.  There were lots of birds.  I got into my head the line / idea "starling-shaped."

No one else was there except for the middle-aged Asian canner who's always there.  She goes through the park's trash cans for plastic bottles and aluminum.  Why is she always there right when we're there?  Maybe there's more than one and I'm getting them confused.

I want to take some of the load off Ming and decided to take over emailing for the street medic collective.

Yesterday NDE got a huge grant check.  We worked kind of hard on that grant, so I'm happy.  Also I got two letters from someone I love and had never received any mail from.  I'm still reeling.

5 Comments:

  • At June 11, 2017 12:08 PM, Blogger Richard said…

    I love your blog - and you and Ming. So happy for the grant! But happier that I know you guys! Never posted on a blog before.

     
  • At June 11, 2017 3:18 PM, Anonymous Blaize Sun said…

    Congrats on the grant! That's such wonderful news!

     
  • At June 11, 2017 3:34 PM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    Hey, yeah, thanks for comments! Love you too!

     
  • At June 11, 2017 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love you !

    Glad we did the thank you notes for the 2017 Sacred Peace Walk. We had a lot of participants and donors this year and thus a lot of people to thank.

    I am up to 20 workouts of 20min each at least on Red Bull's #RedBullReady! You Do You challenge. The month long challenge ends in two days. Maybe I will win cans of Red Bulls for having exceeded the goals of the game.

    I am glad to have seen the brown and black grackles this morning.

    Did I ever tell you about the Asian couple who used to live in their car whom I used to leave fruit out for them hoping that they would enjoy eating it ? They were an old couple who lived in the California Bay Area. I think they canned.

    I appreciate you helping me organize the Las Vegas Street Medic Collective. So many things to be done. I am glad we are the recipient of an artist's grant for them as well as for the grant we received yesterday for Nevada Desert Experience from a peace group who wishes to remain anonymous in their funding.

    I love you !

     
  • At June 11, 2017 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love you !

    I forgot I wanted to say thank you and gratitude to the commenters for the comments received here on your blog. I always appreciate your readership.

    So narcoleptically sleepy recently.

    I love you !

     

Post a Comment

<< Home