dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, August 20, 2017

shadow

I have felt weird all day.  I was feeling weird even before I got up.  I just wanted to sleep and sleep.

Some new songs for me: "Tire Swing" by Kimya Dawson and "Boys Like Me" by Paul Baribeau.  I'm making progress.  I love those songs...  My left hand fingertips hurt and Ming might share my uke or get his own.

As for now, we're at a nearly-abandoned cafe.  Something was making me sad--the "white lives matter" guys with their torches I saw on Mom's tv this morning.  I had never seen that before.  Creepy!

More than creepy, I guess.  Terrifying.  I am trying to situate myself...

Meanwhile, it's almost time to go back to Vegas.  It makes sense I feel weird.  Or my friend says the eclipse is bringing out everyone's shadow side.  "Is there anything good about the eclipse?" I asked her.  She just went off about Trump.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home