dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

great

We took a spontaneous trip to Death Valley.  I had been there a few times recently, but it had been many years since I camped there. 

Death Valley used to be my favorite place in the world.  Then I went on the Sacred Peace Walk and that valley became my favorite place in the world.

Campground grackles, croaking ravens, Salt Creek pupfish, good clouds, Badwater, huge expanses, huge mountains, gorgeous desolation.  So many stars.  In the night we looked for Cassiopeia, one of my favorite constellations.  Ming found it for me using an app on his phone.  The W was on its side.

I even slept ok because we have that air mattress now that our friend gave us.

Then I drove most of the way home, on those desert roads.  Then we attended Catholic Worker Thanksgiving.  I felt serious.  I ate some good foods. 

Just now Ming gave me bran cereal for dinner.  It was great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home