dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, December 10, 2017

good deeds

Yesterday I did a good deed.  I was at my friend's house, and he told me he didn't want to wash his dishes.  Then he got a phonecall and I washed his dishes while he was on the phone.  "What are you doing over there?" he asked when he got off the phone.

"Just a little bit of Christmas magic," I said.

Just now I did another good deed.  Some prisoner mail was returned.  I researched for a while till I found his new address.  Then I repackaged the card to him with the new address.

Small things but maybe I help the world.

Last night we saw our friend A for dinner.  It's not sustainable to take him out to eat so many times.  I should bring over food that I cook.  But the dogs.  Oh, the dogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home