dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, January 26, 2018

blessings to you on your journey

When I blog, the blogging space looks like a piece of paper, kind of, a blank piece of paper, clean.  I stare at it and think, what will I say today?  Sometimes I ask Ming what to blog, but he's not here right now--he's giving blood with our friend.

I'm trying to clean my desk.  It's a struggle.  I tried radical acceptance a while back.  I don't know how well that worked.  I get all these newsletters from Catholic Worker houses and peace orgs.  It's a shitton to read.

I read a few this morning.  People do such amazing things.  I read two newsletters from houses that do prison support.  One is specifically helping work for death penalty victims.  Wow, I take my hat off to those people.  I would burn out in about two days, overcome with sadness.

I don't have a good system for saving the few things I want to keep.  I used to keep a lot.  Now I send things on their way, to recycling, mostly, with a gentle puff of breath.  Blessings to you on your journey, paper thing.

Well, I save zines.  Fewer nowadays.  I try to pass most along to other readers.

Well, it's lunchtime.  The kitchen's relatively clean thanks to Ming's hard dishwashing work.  We don't have the dishwasher hooked up yet because we need to get the sink fixed.

Tomorrow is Downwinder's Day.  We're going out to the Test Site--I might cross the line.  I don't know how many people will be there.  We're supposed to bring our friend A who's supposed to lead a peace crane folding workshop.  But I will probably miss it, being in the pen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home