dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, November 22, 2018

thankful for rain

Yesterday I failed to blog.  I was so sick it scared me.  I coughed like crazy and felt my throat was getting more and more swollen, constricted. 

We went to the health food store and bought cough drops.  Tried to nap and woke myself up coughing every minute.  Almost sent Ming back to the store for some cough syrup purchased by credit card.

Well, today is a new day.  I feel much better though I depressed myself this morning with facebook news.  Parents of young adults who died from type 1 diabetes as they tried to ration their insulin brought the ashes of their children to the drug company that charged $400 to $500 for a vial of insulin that costs $5 to make.  Sounds like it was intense.

https://truthout.org/articles/parents-deliver-ashes-of-diabetic-children-to-price-gouging-insulin-manufacturer/?fbclid=IwAR07sJqERHZSIGSEeKphJ13M_9nDKfKb_bM6Y_KDOngd9_qTRduKT_fOKjs

This is Chumash land.  Mom is cleaning up.  We'll make a feast.  I'm drinking orange juice and smelling my brother's backyard cigarette smoke as it comes through the open sliding glass door.

Last night it rained.  Thankful for rain.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home