dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, November 16, 2018

heart shirt, moods, constellation dress

I'm wearing my new tie-dyed teeshirt I got from etsy.  It has a big heart on it then smaller hearts on the sleeves.  It's indigo and light blue and pink, so vivid and beautiful.  I will try to show you a picture.

Yesterday I was moody and unmotivated.  Ming hurt my feelings not saying goodbye when he left to go pick someone up to take to a doctor's appointment.  There was some confusion and rush related to a series of stressful phone calls and changed plans.  Then the doctor's appointment lasted for hours, which we didn't expect. 

The homeless person Ming was helping had been hit by a car.  He broke his back and ankle.

I needed time away from people.  So I stayed home.  I cried.  My mood was up and down. 

I don't like not having money.  My mom and two nieces have birthdays early next month.  I would love to give my nieces presents.  One of Ming's kids has a birthday December 5th.  I'm buying cards for everyone.  Heartfelt, loving words are nice.  But I wish to give more.

We got some boxes from storage and found an old belt of mine which happened to fit Ming, and he needed one.  His old one was unraveling.  I like to see him wearing it although unfortunately it's leather.

"Did you hang my dress on the line?" I asked Ming.  It's tight and I need it not to shrink.

"Yeah," he said.

"Do you like it?  Are you jealous?" I asked.

"Yeah," he said.

"Cause it's got constellations?  Cause it glows in the dark?"

"You've got stars in your pockets."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home