dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, April 09, 2019

all we want is total freedom

I like the way doing something can teach me things that carry over to when I'm not doing the thing.  Like meditation taught me to access a quiet place inside me I didn't know was there, and I can visit now and then, even when I'm not meditating.

Also now celebrating the sabbath once a week, it taught me something too, a new mode of being, and I can slip into it on a non-sabbath day also.  Feels great.

Then again, there can be bad lessons from bad times also.  How being abused taught me lots of wretched things that were not true.  I have to keep unlearning them intentionally.  It's a job.

Being depressed also can teach someone bad behaviors, habits, ideas.  I've been there.  Gotta shine some sunshine onto those sad places and try to lighten it up.

We put up some new art that's nourishing my soul.  Here's some of it.  What do you think?  I find it delightful.


Also yesterday we went to Red Rock with our new friend who had never been there before.  I liked seeing the scrubby oak trees.  Ming put an acorn cap on my head for a hat.  I looked at manzanita with its beautiful red wood, touched a thick leaf.  Appreciated this juniper I stood beside.


Do I look younger?  Something seemed odd about this picture, a new attitude maybe.


I wanna go to this place and just sit on a bench for an hour.  If only there weren't all those tours.  Twenty people show up on their scooters and the tourguide talks and they leave.

We ordered new teeshirts also, took a chance on a weird color combination, and I think it's nice.


Finally, while I'm posting pics, here's my favorite sticker which I pissed off an old man by talking about, on Sunday.  He believes in the system.  Anarchy excites me and motivates me, and if it's ridiculous, that doesn't keep it from being wonderful.  Pic by Ming!


1 Comments:

  • At April 09, 2019 12:13 PM, Anonymous Pablo said…

    Hey,

    Good posts. I like the idea of letting sun shine on the parts of us that have been under a cloud of depression. I don’t brush my teeth which is a behaviour I picked up while depressed. Soon I need to start brushing and even flossing otherwise my teeth will eventually drop out.

    I’ve been reading a Buddhist book and it talks about leaning into experiences we don’t like and kind of not jumping for pleasure. Apparently we are wired to seek pleasure and avoid pain but gently reversing our tendency can give us a broader experience of life. I’ve been doing that a bit this evening such as avoiding internet and not eating frozen pizza but I find it hard to hold it in my head all the time.

    Anarchism confuses me. I can see the point of different political systems and I see valid arguments for lots of things. I see some elements of anarchism as quite uncompromising but there are more liberal anarchists who teach at universities. I see it as a bit of a club (maybe a male club) if you are liked or not liked. I feel at one stage I wanted to be part of anarchism but anarchists didn’t want me. They seemed to to have lots of preconceived ideas which I stumbled through and broke the conventions. Actually they probably just laughed at me. I found some anarchist people quite self serving in a way.

    I dunno I don’t wanna trash anarchism. I like it. Might read more about it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home