dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, April 12, 2019

Sacred Peace Walk time begins: warm cabbage juice

My friend brought me fresh cabbage juice.  She cured her ulcer that way.  Juicing cabbages.  A cabbage head a day.

It's sweeter and spicier than I expected.  The cruciferous veg are my humble loves.

The Walkers are arriving.  People in the courtyard are talking about religion.  I was hiding out.  I met someone.  I hugged people I barely know.  I hugged people I didn't know.

Made a phone call, made a list.  Made another phone call.

My friend replaced our bedroom door handle.  It had been janky for a long time.  I feel really grateful.

It was stormy-cloudy then rained--wet sidewalk, wet dirt.  Now it's sunny and windy.

My energy is leaving me, social energy.  Just listening to them talk about gas stations, editing videos, poison burritos.  Just the sounds of their voices.

My friend likes the aloe flowers as they bloom in the courtyard.  I listen, I react, I thank.  I thank and thank.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home