dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, April 22, 2019

viva the revolution

We went to Walmart--that's the pharmacy we use.  It's nearby.  I waited in line to pick up some pills.  But there was a problem.  Their computers were down.  No one could get their medication.

"Is this the end of civilization?" I asked Ming.

"Yeah, everything is going according to plan," he said.

"Great," I said, uncomfortable.

I wanted to get some bananas while we were there.  We walked from the pharmacy area to the grocery area.  There were huge long lines at all the open registers.  The customers looked impatient.

"I think there's going to be a riot at Walmart," I said.

"We should get out of here before they lock the doors," Ming said.

There was an announcement.  We paused to carefully listen.  Customers with 15 items or less could pay in the liquor store.

Of course we had never been in the liquor store.  So that was a little adventure.

Also in the news, seems the minivan's transmission is dying again.  And I had my first panic attack in a long time this morning.  It was uncomfortable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home