dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, November 25, 2019

the suspense is killing me--I hope it lasts


My friend brought dumpstered flowers to the radical mental health collective meeting.  Another friend took this picture of me as I was on the little stage, giving my preface to getting it off my chest.

Yesterday we went to pupusas with G.  We talked about a flag, living in community, pain.  I told a story about something racist that bothered me.  I ate two pupusas de loroco. 

I told the story of our trip to Canada and how I said I'd never go into Canada again, and the friend I had in Idaho who played me a special zine song in Boise.  The very long fish we saw in a pond as we stood on a bridge.

They want to go away.  When Ming went to ask for a piece of foil, they asked if I would come visit them, and I said I would want to but don't really fly, don't drive, Ming's got narcolepsy, and public transit makes me nervous because I'm trapped with other people and their sounds.  They suggested sending me money to fly first class, and I almost cried.  They said something about more legroom, but my legs aren't the fattest part of me.

my zine-- the Mildews

Would you send something for my zine?
A show review or some poetry?
Some art work or a photograph?
A funny comic that will make me laugh?

Would you send, would you send,
would you send something for my zine?
Would you send, would you send,
would you send something for my zine, please?

I hope you'll write something for my zine
about the time you went traveling,
or you can write about the days we spend
drinking tea and holding hands.

Would you send, would you send,
would you send something for my zine?
Would you send, would you send,

would you send something for my zine, please?




First I ordered two pupusas de loroco, Ming ordered two pupusas de loroco with jalapenos, and then there was a moment of suspense as I wondered whether our friend would order in Spanish or English.  It was a lovely moment.  They ordered in English, and later Ming told me he had the same suspense.  They ordered two pupusas de loroco and horchata.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home