dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, November 21, 2019

three new zines

Around here we call breakfast "brek" a lot.  As in, "What do you want for brek?"  This morning I mentioned that eating cereal then going poop is Brexit.  I liked that joke and felt like a kid.  Sorry for the potty humor.



I can't believe how much it's raining.  I wonder what the ground thinks as it swells with water.  It had been a long time.

Yesterday thunder boomed and then there was a clattering sound as a lot of hail fell onto the roof and outside; we saw it on the walkway.  It seemed sacred, the first hail of the season.

Our friend was here for lunch.  The potato soup was delicious.  Also we had tea--I had peppermint with lemon balm that they brought, and they had lavender chamomile that I brought.  We talked a lot.

I think tomorrow I'm putting onions, garlic, and soyrizo into the beans.  Hmm, I wonder if the peace vigil will be called off because of rain.

I had an idea--Potato Mania.  My friend suggested Potato Party.  For community lunch sometime, I would make potato soup, potatoes au gratin, potato salad, and hash browns.  Then maybe veggie sausage on the side.

It sounded fun to me, and a sign saying Welcome to Potato Mania.  And I'd like to make a cute potato banner, with drawings of potatoes strung together on string.

Ming is making some fake bacon.  I have some new zines.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home