dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, March 16, 2006

grief

I have been...

*lying in bed for hours right between sleep and being awake, listening to my voices--today one said, "I smell like water"

*monitoring the construction--they move mounds of different dirts from one side of the lot to the other

*listening to the same Innocence Mission CD over and over again--Glow (the yellow one)

*washing dishes once or twice a day

*eating all the fruit.

Erik's working all weekend. The project's behind, the bosses are getting panicky, so they extended the hours too.

But there's an air show Saturday, and jets were flying at work today and doing tricks. He said he liked them, and I was amazed.

"They're for killing people," I said.

"Not these ones."

"Do you know much money they cost?"

"I don't like them in a pure way."

"Do I know you?"

Nobody wanted to come in from break. The thing is, I heard them too, like thunder this afternoon. They woke me at a moment I had drifted off to sleep.

I will be so glad when the airshow's over. I will be so glad when the project's over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home