dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, March 11, 2006

the weekend's dilemna

I'm trying to figure out if I should go to work Monday. The grading factory is the least-favorite of my three jobs. It makes me feel like "sticking sticks in my eyes." I've met some very nice people there, and it pays $10.50 an hour (the lowest rate of all my scoring jobs). The supervisors yell, and I often get a panicky, trapped feeling there. Then I come home from work and cry, and I want to quit every single day.

If I don't go, I think I'll lose my unemployment because I'll mark on my form that I refused work. My unemployment is huge because the income window it's open upon was the most lucrative moment of my life, when I was teaching three classes fos Los Rios, teaching one class online for Cerro Coso, and evidently scoring for two different companies. Don't ask me how I did that!

Today in the mail I got a jury duty summons thingie, and that further complicates my descision a tiny bit, because I know from Erik doing it that the grading factory will write you a letter to get you out of jury duty. That's really not a big deal because jury duty, as far as I'm concerned, and I served on a jury one time in Santa Barbara, is way better than working.

It's mostly a question over mental health vs money. Erik says not to go. I probably won't go. I'll still score SAT at home, and CBEST and CSET at mutant tree when the time comes.

But the dilemna (which Erik told me how to spell) is making me feel ill and want to do nothing but lie in bed pretending to sleep, mostly hiding. However, Erik made me go out, and the sun felt nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home