dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

problem, self-esteem

This morning my DSL wasn't working. I panicked like an addict, tearing through drawers for the installation CD and disturbing Erik's ability to sit. When I act just like my dad, it scares me.

I called tech support. The worker said, "My name is Adam, maam." I'm like, "Yeah right your name is Adam! It's Sandeep!" But I didn't say that. He was so competent and even complimented me when I remembered my IP address for 10 seconds. Anyway, DSL is working again. I need to file my notes so I can reset the modem myself when this happens. The scanner does the same thing, from time to time. I don't know why--maybe it's entropy? Power sugres?

I had an idea of making a little notebook where I write down all the compliments people give me, and then when I feel like shit, I can read some. But the feelings of self-worth are supposed to come from the self.

Anniversary celebrations were perfect. Not so hyped as to be stressful, but not so ignored as to be non-existant. Our flowers are beautiful, and dinner was lovely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home