dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Andy Nguyen's

Last night I was so excited to have dinner with one of the rare people who is younger than me but seems older than me because of how I admire her.

We went to Andy Nguyen's Vegetarian Restaurant, which is locally famous, and I had been wanting to go there! I'd never had Vietnamese food in a restaurant.

This place (at the corner of Broadway and 20th) has pictures of Buddhists on the walls, books for sale, calming music playing, and my dish was called Four Noble Truths rice platter. Very special place. And my fake meat was so amazing. It had a crisp edge--what attention to detail. K's dish, which she let me try, had fake beef, and it looked so realistic, and hers was more spicy than mine.

A homeless person outside called me a queen, which I don't know if that's an insult or a praise. Maybe just a neutral observation.

Today I went for a short walk when Erik left for work. I felt something strange, and I realized it was the sun shining on me. I had to be careful not to step on some beautiful gray slugs that were gliding across the sidewalk.

However, it's supposed to keep raining every day until Monday. So we can look forward to Monday's mostly sunny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home