dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

natto

I have some natto in the freezer you could have. It was the result of a semi-dare by a Japanese penpal. Yes, she's right--it does have a stink smell. And forever it will be precisely that to me. A terrible stink smell.

She told me most people like it, but some people don't like it, over there, and it's considered very good for the health, cleansing the blood? Am I remembernig this right? I do know that certain teachers would require all the kids to eat it. And some of the kids would cry and cry. Like some teachers here might make all the kids drink their milk. And then the kids would barf, and the teacher would be sorry then! Well, probably that doesn't happen much anymore. Here.

Anyway, the above link has a lovely picture of the sticky strands of material that are formed when natto is stirred.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home