dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, April 13, 2006

birdwatching from bed


Me and Kitty like looking out the bedroom window at birds. Sometimes he meows at them. Not me.

Today: a starling and a scrub jay.

The starling's beak was so yellow it was almost orange. It would scrape its beak on the twig it was standing on, and kind of twitch--not really twitch, but you know when birds are sitting on a branch, and they're not still. Jerky alert movements.

The scrub jay was just hopping around. I marvelled at the length of its tail.

The kids have been around and are loud today, since the sun's still out, and it suddenly struck me that they're on spring break, when I had been confused like, I know all these kids aren't homeschooled. Why the hell aren't they at school? Loud skateboarders doing tricks at the Dairy Queen parking lot.

I'm writing things I don't know what to do with. Like where to put them, too many options. Today I wrote an essay called "family" about a queer topic. I guess they'll go in the zine, and the next one will be limited edition also.

I got another comment on my other blog that's neutral-nice, which is good, and by a person whose blog I know and very much like, so that's cool, and maybe I'll hang in there. A special someone said just to save it all up and publish books of it. I'm limited by my patience level. Immediate is easy.

But I printed what she said and taped it to the back of the front door, which is where I put things I'm trying to convince myself. Memorize the encouagement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home