dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

grateful

There's this guy who graduated the same class as me in high school. He was a runner and was always around, yet we never spoke. I knew who he was and thought he was mean, irresponsible, and creative, probably, but not in my social circle.

Like myspace is good for, he saw my profile and messaged me through myspace, where we started a conversation that's lasted weeks. It's so strange this person is now a friend. In the same town and school we were strangers, and now that we live in different states, almost 30 years old, we can talk.

Yesterday I got his zine in the mail. It's more loose than mine and seems to ask the reader to use a different part of their mind to make the connections among concepts. I like it, and I'm grateful.

I have a hard time making friends--it's not impossible, but it takes me a while. So it's much easier to reflect on the past and see what good people are there who might like me again. I always think everyone's dance card is full, but there's often room for one more if the one more is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home