dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Saturday, April 08, 2006

lunch

I made some really nice spaghetti sauce, nothing terribly authentic, more like my mom used to make when I was a kid, but without the bell pepper or sugar, and with three handfuls of TVP instead of the meat. It's just delightful, very comforting, and easy. We ate it with whole wheat organic spaghetti from Trader Joes though I could have gotten away with conventional because of the TVP.

Kitty did well at the vet in that he doesn't ever, ever scratch or bite when he's mad. He just howls his sad "you're killing me" howl. Poor, poor Kitty. He peed in his carrier. The vet was conflicty and wanted us to go the usual route. Erik spoke a little, which is really rare for him, to speak with strangers, but when it comes to Kitty, he will.

And he's in a horrible mood, hating everything, and it worries me to see him so. But he needs to read The Economist, sit more, and have more tea probably. Personally, I need to go for a walk. It's not raining at the moment.

At the puja last night, it rained steadily, and I was having so much anxiety that I could barely, barely make myself stay. But then the second half was better, when I held Erik's hand. We got to sing my favorite song from vespers, and half the room was singing--I think that's everyone's favroite song, as well it should be, because everyone's in love with Holy Mother, to put it bluntly, I would say, seeing as Ramakrishna was a Mother freak, and so we all are.

But the puja was for Rama, and it was pretty well-attended considering how people are about going out in the rain at night. Especially older people, I'd say. No offering after.

The samosas were as good as always. Our Spanish friend Filistino is gone, like he said he would be, off to stay on someone's vinyard until his visa expires and he has to go back to the EU, which is okay. He was telling us how it's like one big country over there now. Crazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home