dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, April 02, 2006

tax day

Swami is so cute when he sings to himself in the hall. He didn't give us cookies today. It rained the whole time, and I had a religious experience feeling of light around my head when I closed my eyes while I was praying. Well, that will make a person feel like bowing and putting their forehead on the carpet. But when it's over, I always want to bolt. And vespers was more people than I'd ever seen, Indians. P was playing again, and we shared a loving wave.

The music isn't really written correctly, and a person has to go a certain number of times to understand the idiosyncratics. Some of the stuff that isn't written down at all I can't sing because I can't remember it since it's not in English. But I learn more every time. Going is like sitting--just do it over and over again, and the pattern will make its own meaning if necessary.

Erik's doing taxes. He's so level-headed and not going crazy at all, like I used to go crazy in previous years when I didn't trust him and did them myself. But how ironic that I was the one who messed up, and thank god they caught my error and gave us the difference. "Don't let me forget the renter's credit," he said, and we got a credit of some kind for paying so much interest on student loans.

I'm working on other projects! I never know what anything will come to, but just let myself. I have no idea how this day passed. We didn't even go anywhere, just the postie, and I sent a package to Beth. But I don't think daylight savings is going to really mess me up since I don't have to be anywhere at any particular time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home