dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, June 29, 2006

reading, medication

Today I wrote a letter to JSK articulate and true. I read Diamond in the Rough #4 and #5, which are journal entries by someone who had bariatric surgery.

I'm reading Honeypot #5 which is just brilliant perzine--something very good about dating, relationships, communication. Her frustrations parallel mine. My favorite piece so far is descriptions of adult temper tantrums she's had, like when she got mad and kicked something conrete, so hard she couldn't walk the next day. The vulnerability is stark, and the writing's good, which is a combination more rare than one might think.

Other than that, I've been making envelopes and staring out the window a lot, thinking. I wrote a poem "Pat" that's unusual, mostly about my friend who killed himself in high school, also about depression and how people talk about it, and I'm looking forward to seeing what Erik thinks before showing it to anyone.

I've been wondering about upping my medication. I feel a little less sane lately, incapable of trusting my own impulses and opinions, terribly emotional and clingy, and I'm looking at the pros and cons, evaluating, considering the opinions of friends.

Erik says no. Erik has some convincing arguments for keeping me on the minimum dose. He thinks I should try all the other things. It's true I've been exercising just about zero since it got really hot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home