dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, July 02, 2006

consumerism

Yesterday we went to IKEA. We needed some storage materials and got some. Oh, it's a long walk through IKEA, navigating the route assigned to us, avoiding the slow and the baby strollers, being overwhelmed by the showroom nature of the displays. And does Erik need a new tea kettle, and can I justify two more cute dishtowels?

We stopped for a small meal or large snack. I had a lovely open-faced shrimp sandwich--lovely with the lemon juice on the shrimp and the generous dab of mayo. The bread wasn't good though. And we shared some apple cake that was apple-pie-like and lovely though the custard was poor.

I went to bed strangely early last night--before it was even dark, even, with my wedding ring on, and the nite-time rituals forgotten--which means I was up at 6 this morning.

I get so many calls on my cell phone for someone named Amber! And one day-before-yeasterday was from a British woman who reminded me of my grandma. "Who am I speaking to?" she asked, and usually I would never answer such a question, but because she was an old British woman, I did. So let that be a lesson to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home