dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Friday, July 07, 2006

dreams

Yesterday I wrote two letters and read some zines. Excerpts from Perzines 2 was good. I like seeing little pieces from all different people. I have something in that one.

This morning we woke up at a quarter to 5 and talked a while in the dark. Then the sun was coming up. Then the sun was up.

We were planning on going to Berkeley tomorrow so Erik could sit at the zen center and so I could make some copies at a place owned by humans, but he's got a sore throat, so maybe he's sick. He says at work lots of people are sick, like the person who sits right next to him.

I had a bad dream I was talking on the phone with my high school best friend Melly in the backseat of my parents' truck, and then the truck started to drive by itself, with no key in the ignition. I had to figure out how to stop it, but the brakes weren't working right, and I had to push with all my weight to get the truck to stop. By the time I did, I didn't know where I was. In a strange neighborhood by a dark alley.

I've been having variations of this dream since as long as I can remember. The first one when I was about four--it was me and my brother in the backseat of the car, and no one was driving. The car moved through a dark parking lot. I was panicking.

I would imagine these dreams have something to do with control. Powerlessness? Fear of the future, maybe? Like the big wave dreams, but different from the dirty water dreams.

When a plane flies overhead, one of the cars in the parking lot, its alarm chirps.

Erik and I have Flickr sites now. Here's mine: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lauramarietaylor/.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home