dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

what Wednesday feels like

Today we went to the park to look at dragonflies, stare up into the trees, and read.

I went to choir practice in the evening and sang myself raspy. Then we went to Whole Foods mostly for some brown basmati rice.

Then we drove the route that I'm going to need to drive tomorrow to see my friend EA for lunch at Juliana's Kitchen. I don't drive on the freeway, so we had to get creative. I think it's going to be okay, though parking might be a bother.

While I was at choir practice, Erik was walking around the garden and sitting by Krishna pond. He ran into Swami, and they talked about our bumper stickers. I'm glad.

Near Vedanta we saw the beautiful chickens again. I didn't have the camera, but I would also like Erik to take a picture of some huge lily pads.

I have to tell you it costs ten bucks to send a reasonably normalweight book to Australia through the post office. Just say no! I thought it would be more like four.

Also, in Erik's dinner rice tonight there was a little rock, which is something unusual that would tend to happen more often in lentils. He's hiking tomorrow with T. So right now he's going to make the hiking sandwiches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home