dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, November 06, 2006

behind schedule

I hit 5000 words on my novel today. I like it, but I don't know if anyone else would, and I might need to cut a whole, um, side-thing. And I don't know if it's really a novel, because it's not really fiction, but it is fiction-ish.

Anyway, there's a chance I might catch up. But Wednesday and Thursday I'm scoring CSET at NES, which I'm dreading. It's always like starting over there. Two day projects are the pits. Not to insult arm pits.

Yesterday I was craving rainbow sherbert and got a kid's scoop at Baskin Robbins. "Can a grown up get a kid's scoop?" I asked the boy.

"Sure," he said. So I paid my dollar fifty and ate it with a little sample spoon, feeding Erik bites, as we shopped at Whole Foods. It didn't taste like the rainbow sherbert of my childhood, maybe because there was no blue in it, or it wasn't Thrifty's, or my tongue is different now.

See, I shoulda used all this in my novel. Bye again.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home