dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Thursday, December 21, 2006

happy solstice

My friend J made cranberry sauce and gave me a jar of it last night--this morning I had some in my yogurt, and it was good. I know cranberries are very important to her and have been since she was a girl, so I'm trying to enjoy them mindfully.

Rainy here, and cold. I've written a letter to M in Portland and finished one to my cousin S. Washed dishes, paid a bill. Trying to keep my spirits up despite the darkness. It's really cloudy out. I went to bed early last night, then woke up in the middle of the night upset. Erik comforted me. Sometimes I feel like the world is very mean. The way we get by, everything's pieced together so carefully, and if one thing falls through, it's hard.

Anyway, it's solstice, so brighter days ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home