dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, January 01, 2007

a movie, a peek, friends, and a book

Erik's sick with a headache and hoping a warm bath will help. I'm enjoying the new year. Last night at Vedanta, we saw March of the Penguins. I thought it had its good and bad points. I liked getting to know a little about emperor penguins, but I thought they should have gone into a lot more detail and slipped in more facts.

Anyway, I don't like movies generally and felt the need to get up and do something after about 20 minutes, and I did. I took a little walk to the recycle trashcan to recycle our steel pineapple juice cans. I peeked into the kitchen windows and liked what I saw--old-fashioned cabinets, everything painted white and clearly not remodeled since the place was built, very lovable. The spice jars on the wall. And women can't go there because it's part of the monastery, so it's interesting to see a place that I know I'll never enter.

The actual program was very nice. For some reason, I didn't get tired at all, though our usual bedtime is around 10:30. I think I was excited for the holiday and doing something different. Also, I had spoken to a new friend for the first time, and talking on the phone makes me hyper. The new friend S is very lovely to speak with, and I hope our friendship has a long life.

Tonight I'm going to Chinese with my friends from Vedanta P and J. We don't have the money, but I couldn't figure out how to say no. Anyway, I haven't had Chinese in ages. I looked at the menu online and plan to get some eggplant.

Erik and I started reading The Waves by Virginia Woolf this morning. It's insane, and I love it. It's one long poem so far. It reminds me of a strange experimental play. There's a reason Woolf's my favorite proser.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home