dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Sunday, January 21, 2007

obeying the cat

Tonight Erik's at a talk being given by in important zen dude Ed Brown. I kind of wanted to go, but then he told me that there's a 40 minute sit, so I said, "Have a nice time!"

Instead I went to vespers like usual and felt shy. I left right afterwards, which is unlike me, lately. My keys jingled in the dark as I walked through the parking lot. Everything seemed so sad, all of a sudden.

Kitty wants in and out every five minutes. He wants to be petted, but not on his back--only on his head and neck. He glances up at the ceiling (he's afraid of the ceiling fan). He eats a mouthful of food and slinks off to the hall.

2 Comments:

  • At January 22, 2007 8:27 AM, Blogger kaybee said…

    A 40 minute sit? And likely in a hard plastic chair without arm rests. Good call on your part.

    Sometimes zen can be achieved while relaxing on the sofa with a bag of potato chips while laughing at the cat who stares at the ceiling fan.

     
  • At January 22, 2007 10:09 AM, Blogger Laura-Marie said…

    I would love potato chips and a sofa. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home