dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Monday, May 14, 2007

if it wasn't for disappointment

Erik took the day off work to go with me to a dentist appointment in the morning and Kitty's vet appointment in the afternoon. I got two fillings, and Kitty got examined and talked about. Both appointments were fine, and nothing unexpected happened.

Today was an excellent mail day. I got a gift from Finland that made me giggle (thank you, M!), two letters from dear friends, and a zine from a new zine friend in Canada.

About the postal rate change, the cost of the first ounce went up, but the cost of subsequent ounces went down, so things actually got better for me in the long run, I think. When it comes to sending out heavier things.

Today I read Death in Venice, which I had been intending to read for years. I almost bailed a few times--it's very dark, and I hate seeing someone spiral to their doom. But I'm glad I can now relate to all the high school kids who have to read it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home