dangerous compassions

I call you / from the comet's cradle

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

two dreams, some campers, the phone

This morning we went for a walk and saw there are some urban campers in the parking lot across the street from our apartment complex. They've pitched a tent behind a dumpster, trying to hide from the road. We've seen them here before, with a shopping cart full of recyclables.

Last night I dreamed I was going to make a zine that said, "You know how some people teach their dog to surf? Well, I taught my bicycle to surf," with a drawing of my surfing bicycle. I don't know where that came from.

A few nights ago I dreamed I was taking a long trip by sea without a boat--I was just floating in the water. At night I looked up into the sky and saw jellyfish there, transparent between me and the stars, and I was praying a lot. After the trip, someone asked me how it was, and I said, "It was all jellyfish and prayers."

Today the phone won't work. I can't get a dial tone. Everything is plugged in, so I guess it's broken.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home